Hands-on IT technician with experience in the technology industry, recognized by previous employers for planning, implementing, and improving business computer systems and networks designed to assist customers with long-term stability and growth. Eager to learn, easy to adapt, and discover constant solutions, there is no room to stop growing when it comes to the vast, constantly changing technological industry.
- Proficient with Windows Server management including Active Directory Administration, SharePoint, Multipoint, and Windows 10/7. Office 365 Administration.
- Configuring and maintaining Linux based servers. Proficient with Linux Debian, Ubuntu Server, and CentOS
- First-hand experience maintaining Linux web servers with apache, MariaDB/mySQL, and LAMP servers. Actively service and maintain four websites over two servers – one Ubuntu Server in the Cloud (AWS EC2 instance), and a NAS server with CentOS hosting Apache and MariaDB.
- Familiarity with Cloud Services AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with UDP/TCP/IP, firewalls (Sonic Walls and Ciscos), VPNs, switches, and routers.
- Network Architecture Design and Maintenance of network devices (Switches, Routers, Servers)
- Experience working with SNMP, DHCP Protocols and DNS
- Experience Managing email servers, file servers, server migrations, email and migrations
- Domain Management including domain buying, transferring/consolidating, DNS configuration, and server/site certificates.
- Powershell Scripting and program automation including Windows Powershell Scripts for User management, Network configuring, and Firewall Configuration.
- Bash and Python Scripting for Linux environments including DDOS prevention, log parsing and management, user management, network setup, and firewall configuration.
- Programming experience with Java, C, Python programming. Basic experience building programs for applications and games. Often work with function building, arrays, libraries, and methods.
General IT Skills:
- Server and Network Security experience including (but not limited to): network discovery, port and service identification, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, configuration reviews, social engineering, and password cracking.
- Satisfy a diverse variety of customer needs with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-directed and always enthusiastic to learn something new and very adaptable and quick to learn
Graduated with an Associate of Science Degree in Information Technology
Active Participant in Honors Socienty and consistently achieved the Dean’s List for all semesters. Final GPA Average of GPA 3.6.
MicroData IT Engineer June 2019 – Present Beverly, MA
In this position I work with everything from Printers to Servers. Working with customers, installing equipment and software, as well as building and upgrading systems is only a small portion of items handled in this position.
Interstellar Tech Small Business Consultant February 2014 – Present
Etsy.com I am part owner of a business where I consult two businesses with their technology, website, and general IT needs. I maintain the websites Yarnsong.com for Yarnsong LLC, and Starbrightmuse.com for Starbright Muse Fibers. My colleague dyes and sells yarn while I maintain the website, edit listings, and do the photography. This has offered business experience, especially while working for Yarnsong LLC. Page 1 of 3
Northern Essex Community College Tutor January 2019 – Present Haverhill, MA
In this seasonal position I teach students the ins and outs of Information Technology, Networking and Security, and programming. Programming languages that I teach are Python, C Programming, and Java.
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc. Security Officer July 2018 – August 2019 (1 year 2 months)
Massachusetts Working for a government contractor, I ensured that all assets are secured and employees are safe. In this role, I offered exceptional customer service as well as a well attuned Security Officer that made sure everything was safe.
RAM Companies Operational Assistant August 2017 – August 2018 (1 year 1 month) New Hampshire
Working with large presses and binders were the name of the game. I worked directly under the general manager who could relay on me to do just about everything. When required, I would move to different departments and use machines an work with other associates to get the jobs done. I spent a lot of the time working by myself on a two color offset printing press.
Staples Print and Marketing Associate July 2015 – August 2017 (2 years 2 months) Londonderry, NH
Working in the copy center is not for the lighthearted. The fast pace, constantly changing environment requires the ability to adapt while being vigilant. I had to be very computer proficient with great customer service skills to promote, sell, and manage copy center jobs. Multitasking is a key, and I was able to excel at it while earning awards and recognition in the company.